April 17, 2017
DEATH AND GRIEF DO NOT DISCRIMINATE BETWEEN A PRINCE AND A PAUPER

Recently, Prince Harry publicly shared his struggle regarding the death of his mother, Princess Diana, and, in essence, revealed how even he, born of and raised in royalty, couldn't handle the loss on his own and had to engage professional mental help. Different as our backgrounds are, one thing reunites Prince Harry and me: we both lost our loved ones in tragic but avoidable circumstances. Obviously, the circumstances surrounding Princess Diana's death are by a matter of record worldwide, while those pertaining to my daughter are known only by a handful of people. Needless to say, in no way this mitigates our respective pain and suffering, and, hence, the reason Prince Harry's public service is the more important and relevant. So many people are struggling with the loss of their loved ones, with few of them knowing how to express and/or cope with it. One doesn't need a college degree to understand the possible and actual ramifications of pent up emotions--may they be about grieving the dead or otherwise--on one's relationship with the self and others.

Below is a link to Prince Harry's "Heads together" mental health public service, which re-affirms my (and, I'm sure, many others') belief, that Princess Diana indeed raised some decent sons. In the meantime, let us join together in shining a bright light on mental illnesses and banish the darkness upon which shame and stigma feed and thrive.

www.telegraph.co.uk › Opinion

Noureddine Korek
April 18.2017
Waithĩra it seems you missed the link... Can you please edit the post so we can use the link again? Thanks alot!
Load older comments
Other Discussions You Might Like
June 20, 2017

The late actress, Carrie Fisher, who passed away last December, spoke candidly about her struggle with bipolar and the addictions that plagued her pretty much throughout her life. Like it appears to be the case with many victims of mental disorders, Fisher was not only a fabulously gifted film and ...Read More

June 19, 2017

It goes without saying that the purpose for this "Discussion" page is to share ideas about and get feedback from the public, regarding authors' works. My point, specifically, is to educate and, hopefully,change people's perception about mental illnesses. Obviously, people don't have to agree with ...Read More

June 19, 2017

Travel Night Ideas to Keep Learning Alive During Summer Vacation Wordeee authors Julian English and his mom, Natasha Moulton-Levy were lucky enough to have traveled the world when writing their book, No Limits: No Boundaries! My Journey Through the ABCs. Sam Glyn, B.S.Ed, M.S. Psy, Alphabet ...Read More